Hi there, my name is Sara Kohn. I am married to a great guy. God blessed me with 2 amazing children ages 3 and 1. We are health conscious; co-sleeping, non vaccinating, homebirthing, using natural remedies for colds.. I like to collect and share useful articles about health and enviromental safetly, as I post it here.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Why I chose unassisted homebirth


I view birth as private as conception When birth is done alone and peacefully it goes smoothly and not erractic with problems showing up all sudden like the hospital births and even some of the homebirths. True, homebirth with midwife is more peaceful thatn in hospital and safer, but when it done without intruders at all it goes even more smoothly. When one listens to her intuition she can tell if anything is not right so she can seek medical help. It doesnt' go all sudden emergency that is too late in these cases.
by the way, nothing is 100% guaranteed. Babies DO die in hospitals. Actually the USA statistics are bad compared to the other countries. Many industrialized countries statistics are much better than here. Interestingly these countries have more homebirths that here.
Technology is great, but I don't appreciate how they abuse it in normal births.
All of the 'what ifs' are in my humble opinion (or not so humble opinion)
Overdue?
Breech?
Toxemia?
There are some practices that are harmful to the mother and baby:
Early cord clamping
All birth rituals in the hospitals
Do you want to learn 'do yourself homebirth? Look at Online birth class
There is a hospital birth story which is my first baby's birth story.
And finally, if you want to join our group to meet like minded unassisted homebirthers mothers its in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/c-birth
See ya there!
and finally: here is my second baby's birth story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home